Australian Pokie Machines
Aristocrat Leisure, Ainsworth, IGT, and Konami are the biggest names in designing and operating Australian pokie machines. But, likely, most Australians have never even heard of their names.
For example, Aristocrat Leisure (ASX: ALL) sits among the top 20 companies on the national stock market!
Online real money gaming is a $70 billion market in North America. Although illegal in Australia, it’s a big industry (Interactive Gambling Act 2001). Gaming machines in land-based establishments such as casinos, hotels, and licensed clubs are legal.
However, these four companies are at the top of the ladder in manufacturing these machines. They sell their games to the rest of the world that are used in online casinos.
In this article, we will look at all 4 of these companies and how they contribute to the casino gaming equipment market, which is expected to grow. You can learn which is the best pokie machine to win in Australia by choosing these suppliers.
The biggest name in gambling machines, Aristocrat Leisure, is parent to big names such as Product Madness, Big Fish Games, and Plarium. With over 6,400 employees, it’s one of the biggest companies headquartered in Sydney. Regarding the pokie machines industry, Aristocrat is the company with the highest market capitalization.
It has managed to preserve its legacy while innovating as per the changing times. Aristocrat Gaming is a leading provider of gaming solutions, including electronic gaming machines (EGMs) and casino management systems.
They develop and manufacture various slot machines, video poker machines, and other casino games. Aristocrat Gaming is considered one of the best pokie machine to win in Australia.
Thanks to their innovative game features, engaging themes, and popular titles such as Buffalo and Queen of the Nile.
- Founded in 1953.
- From creating the Clubman and Clubmaster in the 50s to expanding in the US with the first all-electronic game Wild West in the late 70s and from releasing the milestone Microstar slot machines in the 80s to launching Australia’s most valuable intellectual property ever, Hyperlink, in the 90s—Aristocrat has innovated continually and redefined how we play slots for close to 7 decades now.
Ainsworth Game Technology (AGT)
Len Ainsworth started Aristocrat Leisure in 1953. He left it in 1994 and formed Ainsworth Gaming Technology. He was an executive director of AGT up until 2019.
AGT manufactures around 35% of all of Australia’s gambling machines. Len Ainsworth later sold his majority stake in AGT to Novomatic (for A$473 million).
Ainsworth is a prominent player in the gaming industry, specializing in designing, developing, and manufacturing gaming machines and related technology. They offer a variety of slot machines, including video slots and progressive jackpot games.
Ainsworth focuses on creating visually appealing games with unique features to enhance the player experience. Ainsworth shone through despite the tough competition in the Aussie pokie machines market and continued to grow exponentially throughout the 21st century.
- Founded in 1995.
- Known for game brands such as Grand Fortune, Lucky Stars, Ultra Shot, Treasure Spirits, Cash Stacks, Players Paradise, Jackpot Coin, Rio Grande, Rise Up, Pan Chang, Mega Shot, Electric Cash, Fortune Ox, Loaded with Loot, Lucky Break, and Mad Millions. These brands include games such as Wild Eyes, Hearts on Fire, Ancient Temple, Fortune Bull, Blazin’ Hot, Bingo Inferno, Eagle Bucks, Golden Roo, Thunder Bucks, Action Dragons, and so on.
International Game Technology (IGT)
Wheel of Fortune is one of the most symbolic poker games out there. This was originally developed by IGT back in 1996. This progressive slot changed the whole landscape on its own.
From releasing an Elvis-themed slot machine in 1998 to have produced 2 million by November 2010—The company has been closely associated with sites that provide the best pokie machine to win in Australia choices.
In 2015, an Italian gaming equipment company called Gtech acquired IGT for $6.4 billion. This merger adopted the name of International Game Technology PLC. They’re still a big player as far as manufacturing pokie machines in Australia and New Zealand is concerned.
IGT is a global leader in gaming technology and services. They provide a wide range of products and services for the casino industry, including slot machines, casino management systems, and online gaming platforms.
IGT is known for its extensive library of popular slot games, innovative game mechanics, and cutting-edge technology solutions to deliver big pokie wins at land-based and online casinos.
- Founded as A-1 Supply in 1975 (its video poker was popularized with the company being rebranded to IGT and going public in 1981).
- Popular slots include Wheel of Fortune, The Price Is Right, Jeopardy!, Family Feud, Let’s Make a Deal, Sale of the Century, The Dating Game, The Newlywed Game, The Joker’s Wild, The $25,000 Pyramid, The $100,000 Pyramid, The $1,000,000 Pyramid, Megabucks, Sex and the City, The Amazing Race, and Star Wars.
Konami Gaming, Inc.
Konami Gaming is a subsidiary of the renowned Japanese entertainment conglomerate Konami Corporation. The company has innovated rigorously in the casino machine segment. For example, they launched the Dimension series—A premium curved-screen machine for casino floors, and the Fortune Cup—A mechanical horse racing game.
The company has an amusement arcade, consumer video game, and casino gaming divisions. Though it’s headquartered in Nevada, US, a large portion of its casino business is operated in Sydney, Australia.
The company specializes in developing and manufacturing slot machines, video poker machines, and casino management systems. Konami Gaming is recognized for its diverse portfolio of games, unique bonus features, and engaging gameplay mechanics.
Konami Gaming manufactures a significant portion of Australian pokie gaming machines. These are present in many physical establishments, including casinos and hotels.
- Founded in 1997.
- Notable games include China Shores, Dragon’s Law, Treasure Ball, and Star Watch.
There are many designers and operators of Australian pokie machines. These four are certainly a few of the biggest names with an international footprint. Together, they amount to a respectable chunk of the global slot machine market.
That being said, the best Australian pokie machine is the one that you like. We hope our coverage of the companies, their strong points, and game variety helped you learn more and possibly make up your mind. If you enjoy online gameplay we suggest reading our National Casino review.