Learn To Play Lotto Games Today
People often search for strategies and tips to learn how to play lotto games. Lottery games, aka lotto, are hugely popular games all over the world. Of course, the Asian continent has the lion’s share of players, but the USA is not far behind. It is an interesting game of unpredictability, but players are willing to try their luck in lotto games.
In fact, lotto sales in the US in 2021 generated an impressive $9 billion revenue. Millions of US residents who play lotto games regularly both offline, and at online lotto sites.
Although the US is relatively restrictive about gambling laws, the lottery is mostly exempted from the restrictions in 45 states, including the respective state lotteries. If the lotto fever has not yet caught you, here’s a beginner’s guide to getting you started.
How To Play?
Playing the lotto is straightforward and requires no specific skill, which is one of its best features. However, if the lotto is completely new to you, here’s how to get you started.
The steps to play offline lottery may vary slightly from one lottery type to the other, but the general outline remains the same. Playing lotto offline is easy and straightforward; just follow the steps below.
- Buy a ticket First, buy a lotto ticket. Lotto tickets in the US are easily available in convenience stores, gas stations, and drugstores in 45 states. US lotto tickets cost as low as $1, so it is affordable for everyone.
- Pick a number You have two options for picking a lotto ticket auto or manual
- Choose a number picked by the machine, so you don’t have to manually pick them. Store clerks usually have a good idea about this, so you can simply ask for an easy pick ticket.
- Choose your own number manually by filling up the pay slip. Lotto is a random game, but you should know how to pick the numbers. Each type of lottery has a different method of choosing the number.
For instance, in Lotto America, you need to pick five numbers between 5 and 52. Next, you need to pick a Lotto America star ball number between 1 and 10. After you pick your desired numbers on the pay slip, give it to the clerk to get your lottery ticket.
If you selected the lucky numbers through an app, the store clerk would also need to scan the bar code to issue your ticket. Add a bonus option (optional) All lottery tickets have an additional bonus option, which can multiply your winning amounts from 1x to 5x.
The bonus or all-star option in lottery games costs an additional $1, but it can significantly impact your winnings. However, the bonus multiplier does not apply to jackpots, so you might want to keep that in mind.
After the number are drawn, customers can check the results on the the lottery’s official website or call the winning numbers hotline.
How To Play Online Lotto
Online lottery follows the same playing steps, but takes place on the mobile lottery app, the brands’ site, or at online casino sites.
- To play the lottery online, you must register on the lottery’s official site through a smartphone or desktop. Signing up on the lotto’s site is usually straightforward and quick.
- Next, choose the lottery you wish to play, along with the number of draws.
- You will then choose your lucky numbers on the slip, so take your time and choose it. Alternatively, you can also choose a machine-generated number by selecting the ‘quick pick’ or ‘easy pick.’
- Once you’ve chosen your lucky numbers, click ‘play’ or ‘play numbers’ to add your entry to the lotteries database. If you choose to add multiple entries, repeat the process.
- After your lottery ticket entry is complete, make the complete transaction by paying the required ticket fees.
- Online lottery platforms usually send emails to every participant with the winning numbers. Additionally, lottery tickets are also available on the app and website.
Types of Lotto in USA
The US has several types of lotteries, so you have plenty of options. These are:
- Mega Millions
- Lucky for Life
- Tri-State Lottery
Only a handful of states in the US do not allow lotto games. But in the rest of the states, lotto players can buy tickets for the different lotto games from social and public places.
Big Lotto Winners in USA
For many of us, hard work and investing smart is the only way to get rich. However, a few lucky individuals hit the proverbial lottery jackpot, resulting in a windfall that changed their lives.
That said, some of the biggest lotto winners in the US in history are:
- Mavis L. Wanczyk from Massachusetts – $758.7 million
- John and Lisa Robinson from Tennessee – $533 million
- Mauren Smith and David Kaltschmidt of Florida – $533 million
- Marvin and Mae Acosta from California – $533 million
- Gloria Mackenzie from Florida – $370 million
- Merle and Patricia Butler – $218.6 million
- Ira Curry from Georgia – $173 million
- Steve Tran from California – $173 million
Note: The figures quoted above are the amount before the federal and state taxes, so the amounts pocketed by the winners are lower than mentioned.
Online Lotto Games & How To Win
Lotto players in the US have several options for playing the online version. Most of the lotteries mentioned above – Lotto America, Powerball, and the rest, have official sites where you can play the game on desktops and mobiles.
In addition, online lotto games are also available if you are interested in variety. Popular online lottery games offered by casinos for US players include scratch cards, bingo, and keno.
Of course, the gameplay is different than the actual lottery, but these lottery games are also fun.
To play and win these lotto games, you need to find a trustworthy casino and sign up for it. Use the casino’s bonus and promotions, play smart, manage your bankroll, and you might just win the next big jackpot.
Be stringent about choosing a casino with a license, state-of-the-art security, and multiple transaction modes to have a fantastic gaming experience.