Best Casino Games For Beginners
Fun Games To Learn For Casino Beginners
As more people become interested in online gambling, many can be overwhelmed by the choice. This article aims to showcase the best casino games for beginners. These titles allow new users to start playing with little to no experience. If you’re new to the casino industry, it can be confusing at first. In a brick-and-mortar casino, the bright flashing lights and veteran gamblers playing table games confidently can be intimidating.
In an online casino, sensory overload can happen due to the sheer number of games available. Some top online casinos have over 2500 games and many bonuses, making it hard to know where to start. We’ve gone into more detail below about the best casino games online for beginners to play today.
Benefits Of Learning The Best Casino Games
- Easy To Play
- Interesting & Fun
- Decent Odds & Payouts
- Accessible To All. Demo/Free mode + Small Starting Bet Sizes
- 24/7 Action Available at Online Casino Sites
- Enjoy Slots, Table, and Card Games
- Familiarize Yourself with Different Ways To Win Money Online
- Learn Betting Techniques and Tips To Win
Top Beginner Games To Play At Casinos
Offline and Online Slots are popular, and there are thousands of classic and new titles to play in 2023. The simplicity, entertaining gameplay, and high payouts make them an excellent choice for casino beginners. Use our list below to learn how to pick the best slots and win real money at casinos.
- Choose The Game: Slot casino games come in many shapes and sizes, with special themes, features, and jackpots waiting. The best types of casino game slots are classics, megaways, avalanche wins, infinity reels, multipliers, video, steppers, 3D, and jackpot slots. You can use sites like SlotCatalog.com to search the game title, and see information like the RTP payout % and max win, allowing beginners to find the best value slot titles to play.
- Set The Stake: Most slots allow beginners to trial the game for free in demo/fun mode. This is perfect as you can get a feel for the games, see which has the best base game and free spins bonus value. Then, if you wish to play real money pokies, you can start as low as $0.01 per spin on many titles. This can be increased to over $100 on high limit slot machine games.
- Push The Button To Play: After you set your stake, press the button, and the machine will start spinning the reels. Press the button to continue with another spin. Some games will offer an auto play feature, which automatically handles the spins for a set number of rounds, allowing hands-free slot entertainment.
Playing slot games is straightforward, and the RTP or return to player tends to be higher on the newly released titles. These colorful gaming machines are fantastic fun, and the ideal game for beginners, with no need to learn advanced tactics, betting strategies, or patterns. They are 100% random, so everyone has the same chance to win or lose money, and it’s wise to always play responsibly.
Tips For Playing Online Slots
Be smart in deciding your stakes
As mentioned earlier, slot machines start as low as $0.01, so starting small is recommended. With so many slot options, it can be tempting to go all-in, but starting with a smaller bet is always the best move. To have a more enjoyable gambling experience, it’s ideal to set a stake that allows you to play many rounds. If you manage your bankroll balance and bet accordingly, you can get more slot game rounds and stand more chances to win entry to the bonus free spins feature.
Pay attention to paylines
Unlike traditional slots with a single payline, modern slot machines have multiple paylines, which can determine how much you win. Usually, a slot machine with several paylines has more chances of scoring more wins. Generally, most titles start play at the maximum lines. So a $0.20 bet may cover a 20 payline game at $0.01 per line.
If you’re playing jackpot slots, check the house rules, because some jackpot prizes are only eligible for players betting the maximum number of lines. For example, if a game has 20 paylines and $0.01 per line, then a $0.20 minimum bet would be required to participate in the progressive jackpot.
Stick to your budget
Sticking to a budget or playing within your means is a tough practice when you have access to endless games with attractive bonuses. However, regardless of the game, the golden rule of gambling is to play with what you can afford.
Set aside an amount to play, this is your bankroll. If you have $500 to play, and you play sensible bets of $1, then you can have a 500 round gaming session. Hopefully, Lady Luck shines during this time, and you can have some wins. If players bet too big, for example, a $500 account player wagers $50 per bet, then he can only play 10 rounds.
This smaller gaming session has less winning potential, and isn’t smart betting. Beginners should start with an amount they feel comfortable with, and place small bets while learning how to play online casino slots.
Falling under the table game category, blackjack is a popular game even outside the casino scene, as many play it among friends and families. The goal of the blackjack casino game is to beat the house dealer by reaching 21 points, or closest. Each player is dealt two cards face down. The cards are worth their value in points, while Jack, Queen, King cards are worth 10 points, and Aces are 1 or 11. So for example, a 7 and Queen is 17 points.
The best reasons blackjack is good for beginners is because it’s easy to learn savvy techniques. In this game, players are in control, as they can choose to hit and receive another card to potentially improve their hand. At the same time, having the power to stay allows players to win money if the dealer’s hand goes over 21.
Among the top reasons blackjack makes a good game for beginners is the low house edge, which can be reduced to around 99% by using wise betting strategies. Blackjack payouts are lower than slots, but the win frequency is much higher for beginner players.
Rules & Guidelines For Playing Blackjack
- Every blackjack game aims to beat the dealer and get 21 or equal points, and exceeding 21 points is an automatic loss.
- A 52-deck card is the standard one used for blackjack, where face cards are 10s, Ace cards are either 1 or 11, and all number cards are their face value. Online blackjack games can use between 4-8 decks.
- Dealers must hit any hand value under 17. If they go over 21, they bust and all active players win.
- Players can choose to hit, stand, or split on any value.
- The casino sets the minimum and maximum bets, but typically they can range from $1 to $10,000+.
- Usually, one of the players is asked to cut the deck, and the dealer starts dealing them face up for the players. So players get two cards to face up, while the dealer has one card face up and one face down. In online live blackjack games, the dealer cuts the deck in front of the camera and players.
Roulette is one of the most popular casino table games for beginners. In this game, you simply bet on where the ball will land on the roulette wheel, and hope that lady luck shines on you. There are slots numbered 1-36 and a 0.
Playing casino table games requires learning the rules and payouts, but once this is done, it’s an easy process to follow. Players can wager on outside bets like red/black, 1-18/19-36, 1st/2nd/3rd section, and odd/even, with lower payouts and higher probability. Alternatively, inside bets can be placed on individual numbers with lower probability, but higher payouts reaching 35-1.
There are many versions of roulette, but the most popular are American and European. The main difference between these variations is that European Roulette has one 0 slot, while American Roulette has a 0 and 00 slot, reducing the house edge. So for beginners seeking the best value roulette, we recommend playing European tables.
Players use many roulette betting strategies and have their own special number patterns they follow. It’s wise to play the game first-hand to get the experience to develop your own technique and try win more money.
Baccarat is also a great beginner’s casino game, because the house edge is low, and you have chances of winning. There are three main betting areas to wager on, the – player, banker, and tie positions. For starters, betting on the player in your first Baccarat game is a good choice, as most casinos charge a 5% commission on Banker hand wins.
Rules & Guidelines For Playing Baccarat
The dealer does the heavy lifting in this casino game, and your job is to place the bets. However, to place the winning bets, here are the basic rules to know:
- Aces in the deck all count as 1
- 10’s and face cards all count as zero
- When you get more than 9 with two cards, the first digit of the number does not count. For instance, if you get a 7 and an 8, the total hand is 15. So you remove the digit 1, meaning your Baccarat hand is 5.
- Casinos can charge up to 5% commission when the banker’s hand wins the bet, which is usually done to even out the odds. No commissions are charged when the player’s hand wins the bet. When there is no bet on the tie, all wagers are returned, and the event is called a push.
Video poker can seem intimidating at first, but it is one of the easiest to learn among all casino games. You are dealt with five cards in a video poker game, but you decide which cards to keep before making a draw. A pair is the lowest winning combination, and payouts increase with the hand strength.
The game operates on a payout model based on poker hand values, so Pairs, Triples, Quads, Straights, Flushes, and the jackpot worthy Royal Flush are what’s required to win bets.
There are many types of online casino games in the video poker category, all involve advanced computer Random Number Generator (RNG) systems. These are algorithms used by game providers to ensure that each bet is 100% random and fair for players.
This casino game is great for beginners, because it has the lowest house edge at just below 99.8%. Most video poker games at casinos have rules and payout tables. This provides the information on what poker hands are required to beat the machine and their corresponding payouts. Read this information and play in demo mode to practice at first. For an in-depth guide on Video Poker, you can read this article.
The options above are prime examples of the best online casino games online for beginners. There are many other online gambling options, like Online Poker and Sports Betting, but these activities have a steeper learning curve, and strategy plays a strong role.
By picking the best titles, new users can start learning the ropes with various types of casino games online. After a while playing, the game should become easier to understand. With practice, players can develop their own strategy for having fun and trying to get lucky playing slots and casino table games.